Zelda Roleplay: The New Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Register
Not a member? Then register!
Top posters
Bob-Kyle (192)
The First Abomination I_vote_lcapThe First Abomination I_voting_barThe First Abomination I_vote_rcap 
EpicToaster360R (45)
The First Abomination I_vote_lcapThe First Abomination I_voting_barThe First Abomination I_vote_rcap 
Swordplay (41)
Brutticus Force (15)
Linksknight (9)
pizearke (8)
Luigi64 (3)
NullAxiom (1)

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll
Latest topics
» The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.
The First Abomination EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 am by Bob-Kyle

» The First Abomination
The First Abomination EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm by Bob-Kyle

» Curses, Foiled again!?
The First Abomination EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:31 pm by Bob-Kyle

» An...Out of body experience...
The First Abomination EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 am by Swordplay

» Notice Board
The First Abomination EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 am by EpicToaster360R

» The Sacred Dubloon
The First Abomination EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:28 am by EpicToaster360R

» Material Upgrade
The First Abomination EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 am by EpicToaster360R

» Caravan Raiders
The First Abomination EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 am by Brutticus Force

» My Name Is Legion For We Are Many
The First Abomination EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:08 am by EpicToaster360R

Affiliates
free forum
Runes Of Magic

Link back to us!
Want to help promote us?
Then link back to us!
With a pretty button too!

Or a smaller version:

The First Abomination

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The First Abomination Empty The First Abomination

Post by Bob-Kyle Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:42 pm

In a village...or at least, whats left of one, not too far to the east of Horon there is a giant monster of a Goron tearing up the place. What was really unique about this Goron was that it was made of solid metal! Many have been killed, lost there homes and families. The few that aren't dead are either severly wounded or have managed to crawl away from the horrible scene in an attempt to escape.

Of course, with the current war going on the army of Horod cannot deal with this crisis and thus they turn to recruiting heroes to deal with it, drawing them in with hopes of rewards.

And one of these heroes was already on the scene...

-------

It seemed like Quint was the first here. Standing about 30 yards from the village, he could easily see fires and smoke in the distance with the land littered with bodies. He was completely alone here, Hob had went off with Lilah to deal with some other problem the Horon army could not be bothered with. A few people o nthe way here had noticed the sudden change of colour in Quint's eyes, thus causng him to check it out himself.

Course, what he saw horrified him but he kept it to himself, buying a cloak with a hood to cover his face in shadow so that no one would see that his eyes were now a cold dark blue with strange glowing pupils of a yellow colour.

Never the less, being the cocky rogue he was, Quint thought he should start without the others who had signed up so thus began walking in the direction of the village. Something then caught his eye above him, flying through the air. It was large...
What IS that...? Quint thought as it came closer.

As soon as he realized what it was he jumped back to dodge the incoming piece of debri that planted itself in the ground in front of him. Looking onwards it was ovious the massive beast of a Goron had thrown part of a house...

On second thoughts...Think I might wait for the rest...

-------

{{OoC:
Players in this quest:

Quint
Glenn
Ilia
Maximus

There are still two spaces left! Late comers are allowed as long as they PM either I or Swordplay!}}

-------
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile
Name: Quintinius Arborinus Lucipher
Race: Gerudo

https://zeldarp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The First Abomination Empty Re: The First Abomination

Post by Swordplay Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Glenn landed beside Quint.

I fell asleep waiting for you.

Glenn beckoned above to the tree he was previously resting in. He began checking his equipment before nodding valiantly towards the village.

Just like old times, huh? Except this time, you're not the one starting the fire!

Glenn chuckled slightly, then gained a more serious look again.

Do you have any idea what happened to the boat? We're kinda stuck here until we figure out where it went... Laila was off the boat when it disappeared, so I figured I'd ask you.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Name: Glenn Caledra
Race: Hylian
Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 pm

I walked over to the village finding my way there by the smoke from the houses on fire. as I got closer I could see the village mostly destroyed. I walked up to a man wearing a cloak and I asked

"Do you live here? I was sent to see what I could do about the goron."
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Name: Ilia
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Considering Quint was nearly struck by a piece of debri falling from the sky a moment ago, it came as no shock when Glenn did the same.

"Me? Erm...I haven't been anywhere near the harbor since we docked...So..No...No idea...No idea at all. Might want to check it out when we finish with this, Caledrian..." Quint replied, nodding towards the Goron that was still tearing more and more of the village apart.

It wasn't long until the third of the three heroes to sign up on the notice board came, however unlike Glenn, this hero was a surprise to Quint. It was the same girl he had been watching in the tavern before...

"Hmph...Here? Doesn't seem all that great a residence. No lass, I'm here to try and stop the thing..." as he replied to the girl, he looked her up and down.

"A little young to be challenging metal giants, aren't we? Should leave the hero stuff to those who are experienced, heh." Quint added, cocky as ever as he turned and began heading towards the village once more, stopping to turn his head a tad, a yellow glow shining from beneath his hood.

"If we're to stop the thing...Might be a good idea if we were to get going now." Quint said in a sly tone before continuing on.
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I looked at the man with the cloak and said,

"I'm not exactly here to play hero, I have my own reasons for being here."

As I followed him as we walked further into the destroyed town. The smell of burning flesh and smashed guts filled the air. I took my hat and put it over my mouth and nose so I wouldn't have to smell the foul oder. my guardian fairy the jumped from the hat and yelled

"Uhh! Whats That Smell!?"

Said my fairy Aryll as she jumped out of my hat.

"Its nothing Aryll. I signed up for a quest and the village we where going to save is kind of mostly destroyed."

Aryll sighed as she flew around looking at everything.

"Well if your going to do this right your going to need my help. Ill be in your hat if you need me. Remember that you can get tips on how to fight enemy's from me and that you need me to stay focused on anything." anything."

She then flew back into my hat witch I put back on my head and continued walking.
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Hearing the tell tale sound of bells jingling behind him, Quint turned around to see a fairy pop into the young girls hat.

"You are no ordinary Hylian are you...?" Quint asked, although batted the air to show he was not at all that interested considering the matter at hand. Despite that, he began to wonder if it was wise he didn't bring Hob with him. He was always good at pointing out the obvious weakpoints of an enemy...And it would obviously come in use here...

"Oh please, as if you need that little ball of light you call a fairy. You have me..."

"Thats what I'm afraid of..."
Quint murmered out loud although failing to realize that Glenn and the girl might hear him.

Turning a corner from a near enough destroyed street, it was easy enough to see the giant metal goron...Yet, it wasn't the Goron that caught Quints eye, but somethin specific ON the Goron. A marking on it's back...An emblem of sorts. Never the less Quint recognized it.

Naraku...?

Quint shook his head and turned round to the other two to speak being careful not to show too much of his face.

"Any idea what we should do then?"
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 pm

"I'm from Clock Town, but now isn't the time to explain my life stroy."

I turned and looked at the goron. I herd the man say something but I ignored him because it sounded like he was rambling. He then asked me what we should do.

"I think we shou-"

Aryll flew out of my hat and then said.

"There seems to be some strange markings on the gorons back. I bet thats a weak point."

She explained as she interrupted me.

"Thank you captin odious for stealing my line, but how are we spouse to attack its back?"

We thought about it for a few seconds and then I got the idea.

"Bombs. Do you have any bombs? we can wait till its asleep and plant bombs on its back, Or even better, If it lives in a cave then we can bomb the entrance caving it in!!!"

EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Swordplay Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Glenn eyed the markings on the back, they were all too familiar to him.

I'm not gonna rule out that its back is a weak point, but it's not a weak point simply due to the fact that those odd drawings are there. Those markings means that something far worse is coming... As for bombs, we have a few, but not enough to defeat it solely using them. Also, according to the reports, this thing hasn't slept for a few weeks or so. It's more mechanical than anything.

Glenn placed his hand on Ilia's shoulder.

We'll be counting on you, don't let up.

With that, Glenn sped up to Quint, who seemed to be troubled.

Quint, I remember Zora's Domain... Is that thing gonna come back? You haven't quite been yourself since we got to Holodrum.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 pm

I nodded to the man who put his had on my shoulder and followed him. He sped up to the man with the cloak. I didn't here what he said but it didn't matter. I jest knew we where in for a rough one. I felt a bit naked considering all I had was a dinky little dagger but I was use to making dew with nothing before.
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Brutticus Force Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:30 am

(I'm joining this quest. Just cause)

"Don't you bolderbrains know that different goron clans have different clan signs tattooed on their body? That is most definitely a goron clan sign."

Maximus walked on to the street. It felt kind of good to be in the same enviroment that he grew up in, but it was damned erie, like if Ganondorf had attacked Forceasville.

He walked up to Glenn, Quint, and the kid they were with, and pointed to his own clan tattoo, which was on his left sholder, below his grewsome scar.

"And we EAT bombs. Like candy. This goro is made of metal. Blowing him up will probably just make him mad."

Brutticus Force

Character Profile
Name: Maximus Force
Race: Goron
Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:42 am

I looked at the goron who had walked up to us.

"Well I grew up in Clock Town never going to the mountains so I don't know much about gorons, plus I thought gorons ate rocks."

I said looking at the goron.

"So do you have any kind of idea or plan Mr. Goron?"

Aryll peaked out of my hat jest a bit to look at the goron but I didn't mind.
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:40 am

Quint swiftly turned to face Glenn, his now blue eyes glowing beneath his hood.

"I'm fine!" He growled, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

Hah! You're strings are SO easy to pull in comparison to that Naraku! Though I must say, Rook was much easier to manipulate...

...Shut up...

Quint was a bit puzzled at the short backstory the young lass told them.

"So you're a Hylian with a fairy who hails from Termina? ...Interesting..." He said, although once again gave no sign to want to know more.

He understood why Max had assumed it to be a Goron Clan mark but Quint knew full well what it was, however kept it to himself. When the Goron had directed the three to his own mark, Quint was the only one who stared at the scar it was below.

"...Max...How DID you get that scar?" Quint queried, his signature grin drawing upon his face whenever he had an idea.
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordplay Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:22 am

Glenn was taken back by Quint's aggressive response. He remained silent as they approached the village. He took out his Magical Bow and handed it to Ilia, along with a bundle of arrows.

Surely you don't expect to fight with just a dagger! Be careful with the bow, the Fairy Queen entrusted me with it. You can fire three arrows of fire or ice properties before it will need to recharge.

Glenn thought to himself.

Save the three shots until I tell you, until then use the normal arrows, or your dagger.

Glenn readied himself, chunks of debris flew past them, the Goron's rampage growing as it knocked down houses. Glenn caught something out of the corner of his eye, people still trapped within the village.

Guys, there are still people in the village, we're either gonna have to put a stop to this thing, or rescue them.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 am

"Thank you for the bow. Ill put it to good use."

I said to the man whos name I didn't even know. It was strange for him to just trust me like that but it didn't matter at that point. There where people trapped in that village and we needed to save them.

"I don't think we stand much a chance if bombs wont work. I say we same the villagers then see what we can do about the goron."

I started walking farther into the village.

"It sounds like a good idea if we don't know the things weak point."
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 am

SAVE them?! HAH! I don't even need to be in your head for you to leave those fools to die...

Be quiet...

After all...

Shut up...

...Saving people from death isn't your thing...

I said shut up!

...I'm sure Pearl would agree were she to still be with the living.

"ENOUGH!!!" Quint screamed, grabbing his head with both hands.

Hmph. So easy...

Quint shook his head as he looked around, everyone staring. Lowering his hands, he began swiftly walking towards the burning house, clearly aiming to do the saving.

"You three keep the Goron occupied, I'll handle the civilians..." Quint shouted without turning back.
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:48 am

I found it strange the way he was acting and how he yelled randomly. Maybe he was thinking of bad memories from his childhood. His voice also changed when he spoke. it was weird but still I had bigger things to worry about.

"You have fun with that."

I looked at the goron. Aryll jumped from my hat.

"If we got closer could you try and see if you can find a week point?"

I asked her hopping to hear a good response.

"How are you so sure that thing has a weak point?"

She asked me sounding uneasy about going up against a giant metal goron. I replyed

"Theres always a weak point."

I then started walking towards it. I grabbed the magic bow and took an arrow and asked.

"Can one of you hand me a bomb?"
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Swordplay Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Glenn pulled out a bomb, and handed it to Ilia.

Resourceful. I'll use your bomb arrow as cover to get up close to it.

Glenn ran off towards the monstrosity, sword drawn.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Well look who's playing Hero!

Quint could see clearly that there was a family in the house to his left, screams of terror coming from inside.

Oooo. They sound frightened...

Quint began to run, gripping hold of genesis as he shoulder barged the door down. It was near enough an inferno within the building and for someone who chose to have fire magic, Quint had nothing to fight the flames. He could hear a child scream from upstairs and in the room to the back were the parents trapped behind debri preventing them from getting out.

Choices! This should be interesting...

Assuming the adults would survive longer with the smoke and such, Quint rushed up the stairs, shielding his face as he did so from the heat emenating from the raging flames. Using the blade Glenn had gave him he struck at the broken door seperating him from the child and made his way through to find a little boy. Pulling up his scarf to not breath in the black smoke he lifted the little boy up onto his shoulder and started getting himself back down the stairs and out of the house, putting the boy down.

"Wait here." Quint said before rushing back inside to take care of the parents. The fires had started to eat away more of the house causing more of it to collapse. This next trip wasn't going to be easy..

Making his way into the back rooom, having to edge round pieces of burning rubble and dodge falling debri he found the two parents unconscience.

Don't tell me you're going to save them? Last I checked, you have a reputation for killing parents, not being their hero.

Plus, why should that kid have parents and not you? Don't you deserve them more?

...I...No...

Just do away with them. Kill them all!

Quint looked above and saw that the ceiling was close to falling, however it would still hold for a little while. Loking back at the mother and father, it was obvious they would not last long unless he did something.

Do it...

His hand began to glow red as he conjured a ball of fire in his hand, his arm shooting up as he threw it at the rafters, cuasing it all to collapse on the civilians while Quint made his way back outside.

"Where's Mammy and Daddy?" The little boy asked as he saw Quint coming walking out of the mound of ruble that was once the house.

"...Mister?" the boy whimpered and began to take a couple steps back as he saw the evil look in the mans glowing eyes as he raised the sword in his hand.

Hah! Go on, might as well finish him off!

The boy noticed the flames that raged behind the man were not like the other fires...They were blue...

Quint brought his blade down, however swiftly paused as he saw the boy frozen in terror...

------

He looked round, realizing the burning village had disappeared and nothing was left but a white void.

In front of him stood a tall man with blond hair and a beard. He was aged and kept his hands behind his back.

"My son..."

"...Father...?"

"You are not the first of our line, to be tainted by the demon that now eats away at you from within...To commit unspeakable acts of terror in the world under the influence of his evil..."

Quint lowered his head in shame, knowing the things he had done that his father spoke of. As he did so, he noticed the white void all around them began to darken.

"My advice to you, my son, is to let the light within you, however dark it was to begin with, shine brightly and allow those that seek to let that light burn brightly to help you..."

"...I...I'm not...Alone..."

"No my boy...You have friends and allies that would fight by your side, even knowing your past..."

"...I..."

"Quintinius Arborinus Lucifer...Do NOT, let him take over..."

The bright light that had surrounded them had now turned to a deep darkness that seemed to now envelop itself around Quints father...

"Not alone? Thats ridiculus. You're father is a fool. In fact, all of those in your bloodline that were foolish enough to attempt to stop me all eventually gave in....You...Shall be no different." What was once Quints father, was now a black figure, laughing maniacally. Quint backed off and shook his head in defiance, as everything around him began to become hazy, as if awakening from a dream.

---------

Still holding his blade inches from the boy, Quint lowered his blade and held his free hand out.

"Take my hand. You will not die today." Quint said to comfort the lad as he lead him towards the rest.

Fool...
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:38 pm

(( I love how we haven't told each other our names yet ))

I took the bomb from the man and tied it to the arrow. I waited till the right moment and fired. the arrow git the goron in the back of the head. It turned and took a second to look and then saw me. It came stomping closer to me shaking the ground as it walked. I ran in the opposite direction trying to lear it away from the city. I hid behind a house and it stopped and started looking. I could tell when it was looked in my direction and I ran from house to house when it was looking away trying to get behind it.
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:42 pm

{{OoC: You never asked =P}}
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 pm

((OOC: I shouldn't have to))
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 pm

{{Fair 'nuff lol}}
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordplay Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 pm

An explosion. Glenn looked at the Goron as it turned towards Ilia. It stomped after her, slowly. Glenn analyzed everything about it, from it's speed to its height. Finally, he ran at it from behind--his sword engulfed in fire, and leaped at its back. As he brought the sword down upon the metal, the flames made the surrounding metal soft, allowing Glenn to barely scratch the Goron. A silvery-paste leaked from the scratch and slowly covered the wound, repairing it.

However, the Goron was clearly upset and hurt as it turned around and back handed Glenn across the stomach, knocking him into a nearby window, and out the other side of the building (by flying through a wall). He finally came to rest in a muddy pig pin, his sword at the Metal Goron's feet.

Glenn attempted to get up, but lacked the strength to do so.

D...Damn it.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by EpicToaster360R Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 pm

I saw that the man that gave me his bow tried attacking the goron. I saw the goron in distress but I didn't see any wounds or scratches on its back. I ran over to him and asked,

"How badly are you hurt?"

Aryll came out of my hat and looked at him and asked

"How did you hurt it?"

I was hoping that the goron would distract the giant metal goron so that I could help the man who gave me the bow.
EpicToaster360R
EpicToaster360R

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:36 am

Up ahead, it had seemed Glenn and the Hylian and done a good job of distracting the Goron, even managin to cause a scar on the back. From the looks of things, the beast heals quickly...

From his pouch Quint produced a a red jewel with a small flame burning within.

"Stay here. You don't want to be close when I use this..." Quint motioned the boy to back off as he ran to the opposite end of the street from where the other three and the monster of a Goron were. Planning on distracting the Goron while the Hylian helps Glenn, Quint out a couple bombs and prepared to lob them.

*BOOM* One landed upon the Gorons back, causing it to turn round as it got aggravated...Well...More so than it already was.

*BOOM* This time the Goron batted it away before it hit him and was now charging towards Quint as planned.

You have a plan right? Remember theres two of us in this head of yours...

Perhaps I should let it kill me then?

As the Goron got closer and closer, Quint closed his hand round the jewel he had brought out, readying a punch.

Leaving massive deep footprints with every step the distance between the Goron and Quint was becoming dangerously small until at the last second Quint punched the ground with the fist that held the jewel, otherwise known as, Dins Fire.

Incredibly hot flames erupted from Quint, spreading out and eneveloping the Goron, causing it to melt a good deal. Of course, if Glenns sword covered in flames only caused a wound that the Goron quickly healed, then Dins Fire was not enough to stop him. The flames had caused the Gorons entire body to melt slightly, however just as before it produced a silvery liquid over these wounds and solidified once again. However, the Goron was no longer as smooth before but now disfigured. As well as this, since he only just healed over his whole body, he was now immobile temporarily. Already it was beginning to move again as Quint ran to regroup with the others, beckoning the young boy he had saved to run out the village exit on the way.

"I think we need a new plan. Melting him repeatedly won't do us too much good..."
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down