Zelda Roleplay: The New Frontier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Register
Not a member? Then register!
Top posters
Bob-Kyle (192)
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  I_vote_lcapThe Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  I_voting_barThe Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  I_vote_rcap 
EpicToaster360R (45)
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  I_vote_lcapThe Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  I_voting_barThe Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  I_vote_rcap 
Swordplay (41)
Brutticus Force (15)
Linksknight (9)
pizearke (8)
Luigi64 (3)
NullAxiom (1)

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll
Latest topics
» The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 am by Bob-Kyle

» The First Abomination
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm by Bob-Kyle

» Curses, Foiled again!?
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:31 pm by Bob-Kyle

» An...Out of body experience...
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 am by Swordplay

» Notice Board
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 am by EpicToaster360R

» The Sacred Dubloon
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:28 am by EpicToaster360R

» Material Upgrade
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 am by EpicToaster360R

» Caravan Raiders
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 am by Brutticus Force

» My Name Is Legion For We Are Many
The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:08 am by EpicToaster360R

Affiliates
free forum
Runes Of Magic

Link back to us!
Want to help promote us?
Then link back to us!
With a pretty button too!

Or a smaller version:

The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.

3 posters

Go down

The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  Empty The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:22 pm

In the center of Hyrule, lie the ruins of Hyrule Castle...Or rather, Ganondorf's castle. Close to the south of these ruins, are what remains of Castle Market. Collapsed buildings of charcoal cover the area along with the scent of death. Even after seventeen years when the war for Hyrule occurred, no one dared rebuild here or attempt to fix the area. Some feared it was cursed, some could not bear the sight of what remains of Hyrule's capital and some see it as a memorial to those lost. Which raises the question...Why?

Why of all places in Hyrule, would Din send Quint here? He had lost his gang, his cousin -the last relative he had barring his son- and with his only son wandering the country, he had nothing better to do than follow this dream. His son's final words, as Quint could remember crystal clear were;
"I'm not like you...I would not take a life, even if for the 'greater good'. Farewell 'father'," as Theran had said with his own sword at Quint's throat, having bested him in battle at the time.

Carefully navigating the broken ground as to not fall and injure himself, he began to wonder if anyone else was even coming. Din had told him in his dream that he would not be alone at this gathering. So where were they? And what would happen when they were all here?

He stroked his beard, before resting his hand on the hilt of his sword and continued to wander round the immediate area searching for clues to why he was here, as the lower half of his black trench coat and ponytail blew in the breeze.
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile
Name: Quintinius Arborinus Lucipher
Race: Gerudo

https://zeldarp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  Empty Re: The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.

Post by Swordplay Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Seventeen years since he had last been here. He sat on a section of the Castle wall that he had enjoyed sitting on whenever he had free time. The sun was rising, giving the ruins a mossy-green glow.

More importantly, it had been fifteen years since Glenn had been reunited with his brother. He sighed. His brother promised he would return after his duty to 'the other' was completed. Unfortunately, Glenn hadn't heard anything since that day.

He had spent most of his time in a temple where Caledra had once standed, in its memory and honor. Reciting the stories of old, and telling wanderers of Caledra's past glory. Occasionally he would find work as a mercenary, slaying foul fiends for rupees.

Of course, his wife didn't exactly like that. Maya, the librarian who had helped him fifteen years ago in Holodrum. A Tarmian, no less, had decided to leave her homeland to be with Glenn. She was adept at magic, and a beautiful maiden. They lived together with their two children, one a boy, and the other a girl. They were fraternal twins, fourteen years old. He had told them that he would be back soon, but did not give them a time. He knew that there was going to be an adventure where he was drawn to. He kissed them all good-bye, in fear of not returning.

But what had led him here? He wasn't sure, but something told him to come and wait.

He gazed over at the marketplace. He could easily pick out the old buildings where Vanilla, Mint, and Bill had all stayed. He swung around to look back at the site of the final battle, only to see Quint.

Quint! Over here!

Glenn hopped down from atop the wall onto the ground, and beckoned for Quint to come over.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Name: Glenn Caledra
Race: Hylian
Back to top Go down

The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.  Empty Re: The Gathering of Heroes...Somewhat.

Post by Luigi64 Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:44 pm

The memories from the past are here. Are they good or bad? The positive warm glow that fills you with joy certainly lures you in. But, right behind are ugly, fleeting glimpses of images long suppressed. The feeling is dreadful to be sure, and it's a little difficult to concentrate on the happiness floating right beside you.

People tend to focus on the negative, after all.

Dao slowly made his way through the ruins. These used to be upright structures, filled to the brim with life. Each nugget of warmth brings with it a slab of pain. Here stood the Red Deku Inn, where he spent seven years of his life with so many unforgettable people. Now, reduced to ashes, the only things that live on here are the blurry images, the snapshots that grow dimmer and dimmer every passing day, the indescribable feelings which dissolve into nothing. Mint’s Apothecary was next. He paused in front of the ruins as the image of Mint getting electrocuted flashed before him. The old Knight quickly moved on. Vanilla’s music shop was passed just as fast. He never knew what happened to her, but he never saw her after that final battle.

Why did he come here? A recurring dream is all that he based on. He just saw familiar silhouettes in the background, shadows whose identities are so recognizable and yet so distant. It was quite eerie, to be honest. Each step brought him closer to his destination. Hopefully, he would get his answer soon enough.

Suddenly, he heard a voice call out around the corner. Instinctively, he dropped down to the ground beside a pile of rubble and remained motionless. Slowly, Dao silently drew out his blade and inched forward, peeking around the corner. Two people were facing each other. The soft glow of the sun made their features more distinguishable. Ah! Glenn and Quint!

Dao stepped out from his hiding spot quietly and sheathed his sword. “Long time no see, comrades.”

Luigi64

Character Profile
Name: Dao Jian
Race: Hyrulian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Quint scowled. The pair of them. His..."Friends". They both had acknowledged him as an ally. After what he did to them? After what they'd been through? Who forgives a man who betrays them so much? By Din, neither of them would have known what he has done during these years.

He dropped his hands to his side as he began strolling towards the Caledrian and the Hyrulian.
"What is wrong with you two? Are you that blinded by the light you so dearly hold on to?" he began to rant as his arms caught fire, "You would consider me an ally? After everything we have been through? After everything I have done to you?!"

Quint was raging now. The very thought of being forgiven after what he had done. He held out his arms, poised to throw flame from them, as he continued.
"Why aren't you ready to kill me? Why aren't you disgusted with what I've done? What I am?!" Quint looked them both in the eye, first Glenn, then Dao. He lowered his arms as he realized why he was getting so...Upset. All this time he had become cold blooded, uncaring. He was even willing to kill his own son. He had forgotten who he was. Sure, he was always cruel and bloodthirsty...But he still had emotions. He knew friendship, somewhat.

Seeing them here, now, reminded him of who he once was. Of who he loved....Of Lilah. It suddenly made him despise- no, hate what he had become. He looked away as the flames disintegrated into the air and then crossed his arms. As the final flicks of flames disappeared from his arms, he shot a cruel look at them.

Perhaps they hadn't any knowledge of the man he now was? Regardless, he had betrayed them both before, numerous times.

"I suppose you two are here for the same reason I came here?" Quint asked them, as if his little phase there never happened at all, ignoring the smell of smoke and burnt flesh.
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordplay Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Glenn placed his hand on Quint's shoulder.

Regardless of what you did, you've saved my life numerous times. We're friends. You were just confused. Also, without you, I wouldn't have been able to find Calden.

Glenn took a step back, facing the wall upon hearing Quint's question.

The dreams? I wouldn't stick around this place for my health, that's for sure.

Glenn could tell, in the shadows there were Redeads watching them, waiting. They were probably even more horrifying than before, due to the amount of flesh that had to have decayed by now. Glenn shook at the thought of falling into a hole and being devoured by Redeads. He turned back around.

No idea what it means. All I know is that we've been called here for a reason. 'Course that was fairly obvious.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi64 Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:03 pm

“I have a rather selective memory, to be frank,” Dao murmured as he crossed his arms, speaking up after Glenn talked, “I have no idea what you were discussing about there, Quint. However, back to the subject matter at hand,” he gingerly stepped over the debris, approaching the two.

“I had a few dreams myself,” he looked up to the sky. The glow of the sun had been temporarily softened by a few rogue clouds. “At first…at first it seemed like a nightmare of sorts, recalling the days of the Seven Year War. But, it seemed so…dark. Yeah, that’s the right word. And not because it was night or anything, but…yeah, I don’t know how to describe it. It was rather strange and surreal.”

He stroked his mustache, deep in thought. “Actually, now that we’re here, what are we to do? I honestly have no idea what is supposed to happen after this.” The clouds are moving away, Dao duly noted. The sun was coming back out again. “In all my life, I thought I had been through everything crazy. I guess I was wrong.”

Luigi64

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Quint stared into Glenn's eyes with a look of both hatred...And sorrow. He dropped his arms, resting one hand on the hilt of his sword again and his other upon the ornate mask he kept tied to his belt as he both Glenn and Dao told him what he already knew.

They were all here for a reason. But why them and this specific location none of the 'chosen' three seemed to know why.

'Power...'

Quint tensed. Was that a voice he just heard in the ruins all around them?

'Courage...'

Quint swiftly pulled out his sword, looking all around for the origin of the faint voice he could hear, however he did so in vain. Everything remained still save for the three men.
"Do you two not hear that?"

'Wisdom...'

Quint was about to shout out for whoever was speaking to show themselves until he realized what the voice was telling him. Power. Courage. Wisdom. The three aspects of the Goddesses. The aspects they used to forge the holy relic, The Triforce.

Three Heroes were told to gather here. One each per Goddess. The moment Quint looked at Glenn and Dao and realized what was going on, a bright light broke apart the abysmal clouds covering the ruins and bathed the three Heres in a refreshing light.

Shielding his eyes with his arm, Quint attempted to look up without blinding himself. Down from the heavens came three colored lights. One red, one green, one blue. As they came down, Quint eyed the red ball of light, until he felt a powerful force throw him to the ground as the red light plunged into his chest.

"And now you have my blessing, son of Din. In return, I wish you and your friends to complete a task we desire completed. But first, you and your friends must take a test, so that we may see if the heroes chosen are worthy of our task," Quint sat up, as he watched a glowing portal manifest itself on the ground in the center of Glenn, Dao and himself, "Through this portal you each will have your abilities tested seperately. It's design will be determined by which Goddess you have been blessed by. You Quint, will be tested for power..."

Pushing himself back up onto his feet with his sword, Quint eye'd he portal in front of him with great distaste, before raising an eyebrow at Glenn and Dao.
"...I never get to have a normal day with you two, do I?"

Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordplay Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:03 pm

The area around Glenn melted away, suddenly his friends were no longer standing next to him. Complete darkness surrounded him. Suddenly, a green light flew into view, before it hit him right in his chest, forcing him back onto the ground. A voice rang inside his head.

You... Are the bearer of courage.Your friends will need you in the trials that await you all, but only if you are ready to accept the task. Do you wish to accept this burden?

Yeah. But... What do I have to do?

Prove to me, your courage is not a mere ruse.

The voice went silent. Glenn felt himself shrinking, he realized he was no longer a thirty-five year old man. He was a mere child of eleven again. Suddenly, torches flickered on. Glenn was in a hallway with a door at the end. He approached it, something felt familiar about the hallway. He opened the door, seeing the Caledrian insignia. Glenn's father sat on the throne, a sword through his stomach. A man turned around upon hearing the door open.

The man chuckled, looking straight into Glenn's eyes. It was Ganondorf.

Father...

Your father wasn't much of a fight. He was rather stubborn until the end. You wish for power, do you not? Just as your brother did?

Glenn teared up. He had repressed this entire memory in his mind. He wanted no more than to run away. That is, after all, what he did twenty-four years ago.Just as I thought. Your people are weak. You deserve no less than to be destroyed by me--the most powerful being in the world!

N-no!

Glenn shot a blast of wind at Ganondorf, lacking both a weapon and the strength to wield one at the tender age of eleven. Ganondorf flew back into the wall. His eyes erupted into flames.

Big mistake.

Swordplay
Admin

Character Profile
Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi64 Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm

“Just when I thought I’ve seen everything,” Dao muttered as the blue orb of light descended down next to him. He stared into the limpid sphere and it filled his vision, enveloping his whole body. His mind was swept away by a cooling sensation. He felt weightless, in free-fall. By the time he realized he went through the portal, he had already reached his destination.

“With experience, comes wisdom,” a soft voice echoed throughout the watery realm. “You have been chosen to represent Nayru, Dao. Your sage advice will guide your friends in this next perilous chapter.”

“I am honored,” Dao responded calmly, “But I do recall a test of some sorts…?”

A bright, flashing light erupted before his eyes. By the time he regained his vision, Dao found himself in a green meadow, full to the brim with wild plant life. The man surveyed the area. Trees towered over him to the right, and the sounds of a lively small village could be heard from his position. The sun shone brightly in a cloudless sky as the chirping of small birds echoed throughout the land.

“My goddess,” Dao finally spoke, “What am I to do, exactly?”

“There is a problem in this land,” the voice replied, “You need to fix it.”

Dao waited for more instructions. Only silence greeted him as he looked up into the sky. Evidently, that was it. He turned and looked at the village in the distance. “I might as well go looking there first.”

Luigi64

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-Kyle Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 am

Quint was expecting a large creature, perhaps a monster of gigantic size to fight for his test before he entered the portal. He was fairly disappointed when he stepped through, ready for a challenging battle with a titanic beast and saw nothing but a robed figure several yards in front of him. Looking around, he discovered he had been transported to a large circler chasm with glacier like walls. It suddenly occurred to him how cold it was here as he standing in around 5 inches of snow. The sky was pretty clear as he looked up and satisfied with where he was, he looked to the robed figure, a hood concealing their face.

Quint shrugged. Not being the brightest torch in the castle, Quint simply assumed he had to best this robed man, or woman for that matter, in combat. Thus he began to walk towards the figure, unsheathing his blade and leaving deep boot prints in the snow behind him. As he did so, the robed figure held out a hand and materialized a glowing longsword causing Quint to pause for a second as he hesitated.
Perhaps he underestimated the man?

Before Quint could shrug once again and continue on, the robed figure took the blade in both hands as he plunged it into the snow and ice, before the figure faded away.

Quint began to worry. Where did he go? Instantly, the glowing sword shattered, unleashing a powerful blast of wind outwards blowing away all the snow in the chasm to reveal the solid ice below. Quint looked down with widened eyes as he noticed something. What is that beneath the ice?

Rumbles started to crack open the ice originating from the hole the sword had left, causing Quint to run back towards where he had came in to not fall down. As he turned around to look again at the event unfolding before him, a gigantic skeleton like claw shot up through the ice and crashed down on some solid glacier for grip. With this, whatever gigantic creature below began to pull itself up breaking more and more of the frozen ice beneath Quints feet, until he saw two massive wings of bone break through more of the glacier.

Now with it's wings free, after a couple light flaps, the creature fired up from underneath into the sky, blotting out the light with it's incredible wingspan.

Quint gripped his blade tighter as he stared at the Staldragon that hovered above him, which now began to open it's great maw.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRR"

He instantly dropped his sword as he held his hands to his ears to drown out the deafening roar the beast had unleashed. Swiftly picking it up again, he flared his arms with fire as he prepared for the oncoming Staldragon, that was now hurtling down towards him.

"This is gonna be fun!"
Bob-Kyle
Bob-Kyle
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum